Sunday, July 07, 2013

Music Library: J Church, Joe Jackson, Bert Jansch, Jay-Z, Elton John, George Jones

Geo. Jones


J Church - Whorehouse: Songs And Stories (compilation, 1996). A collection of the much-revered punk band. It is pretty good, but I have not yet rushed out to get more of their work.

Joe Jackson - I'm The Man (1979). He is. This rocks.

Bert Jansch - Stepping Stones (with John Renbourn, 1969) and When The Circus Comes To Town (1995). Brit-folk master with his greatest collaborator in the former and keeping his reputation alive in the latter.



Jay-Z - The Black Album (2003). Do I need to write about this?

Elton John - Elton John (1970), Tumbleweed Connection (1970), Madman Across The Water (1971), and Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy (1975). My pal Paul thought I would turn around on Mr. John if I listened to all of these. Sorry, Paul. It's just not my thing.

George Jones - She Thinks I Still Care: The Complete United Artists Recordings, 1962-1964George Jones & Gene Pitney (1965-66)Walk Through This World With Me: The Complete Musicor Recordings, 1965-1971 Part 1, and A Good Year For The Roses: The Complete Musicor Recordings 1965-1971, Part 2. I had just finished working my way through these massive Bear Family sets when Ol' Possum died. I hope he is resting in peace, secure in the knowledge that he was the finest country singer who ever lived.


0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP