Monday, June 08, 2009

Music Library: Dave Brubeck, Dave Edmonds, David Bowie, David Byrne & Brian Eno, David Cross

Dave Brubeck - Time's Out and These Foolish Things. I like Brubeck and wish I was more familiar with his work outside of "Take 5."

Dave Edmonds - "The Race Is On." Boy, I love George Jones's original. This one's okay.

David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World, Hunky Dory, The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars, Aladdin Sane, "He Was Alright (A Song For Marc Bolan), Pin Ups, Diamond Dogs, Station To Station, Low, "Heroes", Lodger, Scary Monsters, Let's Dance, Singles Collection, "Let Me Sleep Beside You," Heathen, and Reality. I was originally going to break these out, but I realized I just don't have that much to say about the guy's work. Brilliant, transformative, y'know, all those kinds of adjectives. I think The Man Who Sold The World and Station To Station are my favorites. I should pick up the two late 60s albums and Young Americans sometime. Got almost no use for the later stuff, although it's far from offensive.

David Byrne & Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today. Less a sequel to My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts than a David Byrne album with Eno production, this album wasn't even close to being a contender for one of my favorites of last year, but it's not anywhere close to terrible, either.

David Cross - The Pride Is Back. The audio from the 1999 HBO David Cross stand-up special, recorded back when he was pretty reliably funny. Ah, those were the days.

0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP