Friday, April 11, 2008

Music Library: American Music Club, Amerie, Amon Düül II, Amy Rigby

American Music Club - California. Aw, I love Mark Eitzel's thing. The standout tracks are still, clearly, "Firefly" and "Western Sky," but the whole album is a beautiful slice of sadness pie.

American Music Club - "Western Sky (Live)" from Live At Slim's. This is the only track I have from said album, which was a promo, I think. But yes, I still love that song.

American Music Club - Mercury. Lots more beautiful weird sadness. Not many dynamics.

Amerie - "1 Thing" - From Said The Gramophone. Downloaded from the music blog. I'm not as blown away a they were, but I like it enough to hold on to it.

Amon Düül II - Phallus Dei. Heavy psychedelic krautrock.

Amon Düül II - Yeti. Heavier and more psychedelic krautrock. I have a burning desire to cover "Eye-Shaking King" at some point in my life.

Amy Rigby - Diary of a Mod Housewife. I never listen to this album these days, but if a song pops up on shuffle, it's always a delight. Rigby is a clever songwriter spinning a feminist slant on folky pop music. There's a little too much reliance on Nashville-style bar-bluesy guitar for my tastes, but her wit and exuberance always shine through.

I have two more Amy Rigby albums, so that's where I'll pick up next time.

0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP