Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Music Library: Consonant, Conspiracy A Go-Go, Constantines, controller.controller, Conway Twitty, Count Basie

I have high hopes of making it through the Cs by the end of this week! So, yes, I have been pushing the envelope lately.

Consonant - Consonant and Love And Affliction. This is Clint Conley of Mission Of Burma's band with Chris Brokaw, who has been a constant in my posts of late, and they are mighty ass-kicking.

Conspiracy A G0-Go - Post Modern Farmer's Almanac. This is my friend Randy's band from back in the 90s. Pure garage-punk energy! Randy's a sculptor of fine banjos now: check it out. And here's his blog, which I'll add to my blogroll over on the right.

Constantines - Shine A Light. Good up-tempo indie rock. They have a little of the Wrens' kitchen-sink approach to arrangement and heart-on-the-sleeve lyrics.

controller.controller - History. One of the Gang Of Four-influenced bands from 2004. Not bad, but not great, either.

Conway Twitty - "It's Only Make Believe." Man, Conway goes for broke on this song. I've been meaning for years to search out more of his stuff.

Count Basie - April In Paris. I need more information on this album. The tracks are clearly taken from a live performance, but I don't know when or where. Basie's orchestra is cooking on the tracks, though.

0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP