Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Warning: The following post is mostly content-free and full of boring minutiae! Buy a case and share with your friends!

I shaved off my moustache this morning, and now I have a clean-shaven upper lip for the first time in 13-14 years. I first grew a moustache two years earlier to that, and the last time I was 'stasheless lasted one week. It was odd to see my face in the mirror, all moony and sometimes reflecting back at me what appeared to be a bad photocopy of my teenage face. I'm thinking muttonchops are next.

In other news, my eMusic downloads of the month are:

  • Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha (+ eMusic bonus track)
  • Danielson - Brother Is To Son
  • The For Carnation - s/t
  • Isaac Hayes - To Be Continued
  • Opeth - Blackwater Park
  • Panda Bear - Person Pitch
  • Red House Painters - Down Colorful Hill
  • Sonny Rollins - Freedom Suite
  • Marnie Stern - In Advance of the Broken Arm
  • Tortoise - TNT
  • David S. Ware - The Freedom Suite
  • Young People - Five Sunsets in Four Days

6 comments:

JBJ 5:00 PM, April 10, 2007  

What inspired you, if you don't mind my asking?

I've got a goatee now and have had it for close to a year, the longest amount of time I've ever sported facial hair. I think there will come a day (maybe this summer) when I want to shave it off, but it'll be a hurdle since it is semi-permanent now.

Hayden Childs 5:59 PM, April 10, 2007  

No one thing, really. Some grey hairs here and there, the need to trim the damn thing every couple of weeks, and the growing feeling that I should see what my face looks like at least once a decade.

Alyssa 7:38 PM, April 10, 2007  

Ah naked face... we have beard growing season in New Engand. Some people shaved for "spring" since it was getting "warm."

Those poor dummies are sorry now - we had a cold snap....

Hayden Childs 9:51 PM, April 10, 2007  

I went the rest of the way tonight and shaved off my little goatee. This I regret. Now I look a little like I did as a teenager and a little like I just ate a teenager.

Greg 12:33 PM, April 15, 2007  

Muttonchops are so in this season.

(David S. Ware is new to me. He's pretty great. Thanks!)

Hayden Childs 1:38 PM, April 16, 2007  

Glad you dig him! He's a monster of a player.

Hey, if you're interested in the new wave of free jazz, you should check out New York Is Now by Phil Freeman, which has sections on Ware, as well as Matthew Shipp and William Parker and some of the other major players. Phil's a friend of mine, but I'd recommend this book even if he weren't.

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP