Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Got the nod to do reviews of a few albums for an upcoming book on obscure or lost classics.

1) Jandek, Blue Corpse. Awww yeah! This will be the shiniest and happiest of reviews!

2) The Feelies, The Good Earth

3) The Mekons, The Quality of Mercy is not Strnen and OOOH!

4) The Go-Betweens, 16 Lovers Lane

5) Richard Buckner, The Hill, which I'll compare & contrast with Devotion and Doubt

I'm excited about this. I turned out about 4/5 of a poem the other night (which was junk, but it felt cleansing to write it), and it just does my soul good to be putting words on paper. I'm going to have to toast to self-indulgence the next time I drink like a fish and regale people with my oh-so-witty banter. Then, again...

0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP