Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Favorite Films of the 00s





The panelists on the most recent Wasted Words podcast (including my pal Nate Patrin!) spend a lot of time talking about the utility of year-end lists.  I mention this not to add my two pennies, but to suggest that you check out the podcast and to introduce another useless list here.  What follows are my favorite movies of the 00s, offered without explanation because I'm basically too wiped-out to explain.

1. Synecdoche, New York
2. I'm Not There
3. No Country For Old Men
4. The New World
5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
6. Spirited Away
7. Gosford Park
8. Gerry
9. A Serious Man
10. There Will Be Blood
11. Grizzly Man
12. Los Angeles Plays Itself
13. Mulholland Drive
14. Children of Men
15. Before Sunset
16. The Class
17. Elephant
18. George Washington
19. Ghost Dog: The Way Of The Samurai
20. In The Mood For Love
21. LOTR trilogy
22. Kings and Queen
23. Time Out
24. Ratatouille
25. Encounters At The End of the World

0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP