Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Moviegoer, Part I

I have been watching lots of movies this year. In years past, I've read lots of books, but this year I've opted to spend my time with cinema. This doesn't seem to be a conscious decision on my part, but perhaps a by-product of parenthood of small children and a shortened attention span. Anyway, I've finished only one book in the first two months of this year: David Simon's Homicide: A Year On The Killing Streets. I'm a big fan of The Wire, which Simon co-created. To a lesser extent, I'm a fan of the tv show Homicide, which was based on this book. I probably don't need to tell you that I loved it. But I did.

But that's it for literature this year. I have a couple of other books that I'm reading, and I'll probably follow up when I finish them. But I'm watching lots and lots of movies. Since January 1st, I've watched (and many of these were not the first time I'd seen them):

  1. Dr. T & The Women: B
  2. Encounters At The End of the World (this was the third viewing in two weeks): A+
  3. Amarcord: A+
  4. Out of the Past: A
  5. Pineapple Express: B
  6. Man on Wire: A-
  7. Kung Fu Panda: A-
  8. Last Night At The Alamo: A
  9. The Order of Myths: A
  10. M. Hulot's Holiday: A
  11. Peter and the Wolf (2008 short): A+
  12. Wagon Master: B
  13. Paranoid Park: A+
  14. Kiss of Death: B
  15. The Night of the Hunter: A+
  16. Topsy-Turvy: A+
  17. Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains: B-
  18. The Day The Earth Stood Still (original version): A
  19. Burn After Reading: B+
  20. Drunken Angel: B+
  21. I Live In Fear: Record of a Living Being: A-
  22. Wattstax: B
  23. Aliens: A
  24. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist: A-
  25. Hamlet 2: B-
  26. Eyes Wide Shut: B+
  27. Lessons of Darkness: B
  28. Stroszek: A+
  29. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory: A
  30. Pootie Tang: C+
  31. The Trial: B
  32. Trafic: A+
That's 32 movies in 59 days. Judge me harshly, if you be so inclined.

0 comments:

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP