Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A quick word of congratulations to Julie and Dutcher, two of the coolests cats I know, for simultaneously throwing the kickingest party ever kicked in Bertram, TX and getting hitched in a lovely ceremony during a remarkably well-timed thunderstorm. I had been thinking about a toast for y'all for a while, but somehow managed to flub it when Julie's sis-in-law came around with the camera. What I meant to say was: I'm fortunate to know both of y'all. I met y'all via the magic of the Internet and the minutiae of cult-pop culture. I'm thrilled that y'all found happiness with each other and hope that y'all will continue to make each other happy through the rest of your lives. See, obscure obsessions with pop culture really do bring people together. Auguri!

4 comments:

Anonymous 12:48 AM, June 02, 2005  

Thanks, Pops. If I hadn't bootlegged that X show, if you hadn't wanted a copy, if I hadn't gone to the Carousel that night, if you hadn't scrawled a URL on a napkin, who knows where I'd be. Not as happy, that's for sure. Didn't get time to say this Sunday, but it is true. Thanks.

Hayden Childs 12:25 PM, June 02, 2005  

There's always a bunch of "if"s when people come together, but, man, I'm very happy that y'all beat the odds.

julie beth 4:07 PM, June 02, 2005  

thank you, hayden! we owe you a whole honkin' buncha coincidences. what if you'd never decided that i might could play bass guitar if given the chance? what if you'd never gotten into the mekons?

it's just all so improbable and beautiful. thank you!

Hayden Childs 1:11 AM, June 08, 2005  

I'm really happy for you two.

My photo
Cary, NC, United States
reachable at firstname lastname (all run together) at gmail dot com

About This Blog

From Here To Obscurity, founded ca. 2003, population 1. The management wishes to emphasize that no promises vis-a-vis your entertainment have been guaranteed and for all intents and purposes, intimations of enlightenment fall under the legal definition of entertainment. No refunds shall be given nor will requests be honored. Although some may ask, we have no intention of beginning again.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP